PM14S1 Stereo Integrated
Featuring the best of our analog audio technologies, the PM-14S1 integrated amplifier provides reference class sonic performance along with the ability to handle the widest range of sources. There are multiple analog inputs and outputs, including a high quality phono processor that can accept moving magnet and moving coil signals, analog input signals remain in the analog domain all the way through to the headphone and speaker outputs. The power amplifier section delivers 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms, and 140 watts per channel into 4 ohms, and the power supply features a massive 650 VA toroidal powertransformer with oxygen free copper secondary windings, as well as high speed, high current Schottky Barrier Diodes in the rectifier stage. Our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technologies are employed throughout, including the phono processor, line stages, power amplifier stages and the headphone output circuit. The elegant remote control can also control the matching SA-14S1 SACD player.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Featuring discrete circuit components, as opposed to an integrated circuit, our exclusive HDAM technology preserves analog signal purity, delivering wide band audio with expansive dynamic range along with an inaudible noise floor. A total of 24 HDAM SA2 and SA3 units are employed in the phono, line level, headphone output, pre-amp and power amp stages.
Fully Discrete High Current Amplifier Stages
For compatibility with the widest range of speaker impedances, the power amplifier stages feature high current power output devices, and for maximum channel separation, each amplifier stage features segregated circuitry along with individual massive extruded aluminum alloy heat sinks with a large effective radiating area that provide fan-less and noise-less heat dissipation. The amplifier is rated at 90 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 140 watts per channel into 4 ohms, assuring high stability and wide dynamic range, even with lower impedance speakers.
Multiple Analog Inputs and Outputs
In addition to the phono and CD analog inputs, there are two additional line level inputs, and two pairs of recorder input/output jacks that together let you connect multiple sources and recorders. There's also a power amp direct input that lets you use the PM-14S1 as a standalone stereo power amplifier for additional system configuration versatility, along with stereo pre-amp outputs that let you connect the PM-14S1 to an external power amplifier
Dedicated Headphone Output
Employing our exclusive HDAM discrete modules, the headphone circuit delivers superb audio fidelity with the widest range of headphone types and impedances, including low impedance headphones.
Gold Plated Connectors
The analog inputs and outputs connectors are gold plated for optimum signal transfer and long term stability.
Source Direct Mode
For the purest audio fidelity, the PM-14S1 is equipped with Source Direct function, which bypasses unneeded audio circuits for the most straight-through signal path.
System Remote Control
The elegant remote control can also be used to control the matching SA-14S1 disc player, and the PM-14S1 features remote control input and output jacks for additional remote control configuration flexibility.
- 90 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.05% THD
- 140 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- current feedback amplification circuit for accurate, natural sound at all volume levels
- Marantz's Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM-SA3) offers exquisite detail and dynamic range while reducing noise
- frequency response: 5-100,000 Hz (±3dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 106dB line, 86dB phono (MM), 75dB phono (MC)
- massive toroidal transformer wound with oxygen-free copper
- rigid chassis with double-bottom plate and aluminum die-cast feet to minimize vibration
- 6 RCA audio inputs (includes phono input for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges)
- phono section features constant current feedback gain stage for flawless musical reproduction from your vinyl recordings
- Power Amp Direct inputs for use with a separate preamp or A/V receiver with Front L/R preamp outputs
- stereo RCA preamp outputs
- 2 sets of stereo RCA recording outputs
- high-purity copper binding-post speaker connectors
- biamp/stereo switch lets you biamp your speakers using two PM-14S1's for even higher-fidelity sound
- full-size headphone output
- remote control
- detachable power cable
- 17-5/16"W x 4-7/8"H x 18-11/16"D
- weight: 40.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years